Did you know that regular walking is more beneficial compared to running? Sounds uncanny, right? Well, it is not. There are ample, Benefits of Walking we don’t come across due to limited awareness.
And there is no doubt that we live in a society where intensive exercise like running, is said to be more beneficial. In this article, we will discuss the facts, figures, and specific walking benefits.
How Walking could Help You to Make Life Better
Walking combines the best in maintaining our health and weight control. Walking is the best exercise to lose permanent weight. People tend to lead a sedentary life and so have a decreased fitness level due to the muscles and energy systems losing efficiency.
With walking, you learn to work out at a steady pace, which also allows you to burn fat well. If you are walking to lose weight, you need not do it because you have to but you can inject some fun into it.
You could walk your dog to the park so that he too can enjoy a walk, or walk with friends while you chat on the way. Go shopping for a few hours, look at the shops, and burn off some fat.
Let’s Get Started with the Walking Program
You should begin by doing 5 minutes of medium-paced walking, followed by a few stretches for your legs to increase the flexibility in your joints.
You can try the following exercises to stretch your legs. Let’s get started…
#1 Sitting – Thigh Stretch
- First, Sit on a strong chair and position yourself at the edge and press your knees under the chair.
- Now, be in this position for 15-20 seconds and repeat with the other leg.
- Do this exercise twice with each leg and repeat it for five minutes.
#2 Calves Muscles Stretch
- First, you should stand in front of a wall and keep your foot on the wall. At an approximately 12-16″ distance.
- Second, stretch your arms towards the wall, make sure to keep elbows at 180 degrees, then bend against the wall.
- Keep your other foot a little behind the front foot and flat on the floor.
- Try to lean forward and distribute your body weight between your front foot and arms.
- Continue until you feel stretched.
- Remain in this position for 15-30 seconds and repeat from the first point.
You can begin with a five to ten minutes calf muscle stretch and increase it over time.
#3 Another method for Thigh Muscles Stretch
- Stand in front of a wall and place your right hand on it and with the left hand, reach behind you and hold the left foot in your hand.
- Balance on the right foot and slowly raise the left foot up towards your waist.
- Maintain the position for 15-30 seconds and then come back to the starting position.
- Do this three times with each leg.
This exercise will definitely help you to stretch your legs properly and warm up your body. Now, let’s discuss a few common benefits of walking.
Common Benefits of Walking to Boost Up your Moral
- Walking every day will Improve your Eyesight
- Walk daily after dinner to improve your Digestion System
- Will help you get Back Pain Relief
- Walking will prevent Heart Diseases
- Walking also helps you to recover from a heart attack.
- Boost up your Brain with a daily morning walk.
- Your Immune System will get stronger with regular outdoor walking.
- Regular Walking will Tone Muscles
- Walking help you prevent Diabetes
Walking will prevent Heart Diseases
It improves cardiovascular fitness by getting the heart to beat faster to send blood rich in oxygen from the lungs to the muscles. This makes the functioning of your heart and lungs more efficient, besides reducing blood pressure and resting heart rate.
Walking also helps you to recover from a heart attack. Walking also reduces the risk of getting a heart attack.
Peace of mind to maintain your mental well-being
Walking will help you to have a Calmer Mind. As they say that our body is connected with our mind, then this walking benefit is worthy to include in this list.
It improves blood circulation to the arms and legs and gives a feeling of overall well-being. Due to walking, our brain releases endorphins, which help us to relieve depression, stress, and pain and induce feelings of pleasure or euphoria.
Boost up your Brain with a daily morning walk
Benefits of Walking in the morning – Daily morning walk will help you to boost up your brain, but how? Let’s learn a couple of facts on the walking benefits for the brain.
A good brisk walk can also stimulate your thinking.
Secondly, as per a study conducted on the patient with Alzheimer’s disease (AD), it is observed that low-impact aerobic exercises like walking can prevent the early onset of Dementia and reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
Walk daily after dinner to improve your Digestion System
Did you know that just half an hour of walking after dinner every day improves digestion and regulates bowel movements? Benefits of Walking after dinner – Ten minutes of a walk after dinner will keep your digestive system strong and healthy. By walking, you can burn a higher percentage of body fat, increase your overall health and fitness and boost your energy levels.
Walking will help you get relief from Back Pain
Yet another benefit of walking every day is back pain relief. If you are having back pain issues due to exercise like running or because of the gym. A good alternative to burning your fat and staying fit is walking, this would be game-changing if you are in such a situation.
A word of caution – If you are over 40 years old and have heart problems, pulse rate, weight, respiration, blood pressure, or cholesterol problems, speak to your doctor before walking.
A good amount to aim for six thousand steps a day. Again if that’s too much, you can get there gradually and start with what you can manage right now. Don’t wait for the right reason or season before you can go out walking. Seize the moment and go out now.
Is walking worthy enough for your shot, what do you think? or you might already be walking on a regular basis, and have some tips to share around.
Feel free to share your thought in the comment section below, we would love to hear from you. If this article helps you out at all, hit that like button and share it with all of your friends.