When you have to reduce extra kilos’ it becomes a very difficult task. Some people like me are always concerned about being overweight and check the weighing machine on a daily basis. One thing which I have learned during this journey is that weight loss does not happen in a week or so. It is a slow and gradual process and requires determination, patience, commitment, healthy routine, and a disciplined lifestyle. Do you want to lose weight at home? Let me share with you some easy weight loss tips which can help you become fit and energetic.
Easy Weight Loss Tips: How To Lose Weight At Home
Weight loss is not impossible but yes one needs to put regular efforts. You must acknowledge the fact that both weight gain and weight loss are a slow and steady process. Some easy weight loss tips are mentioned in detail below.
#1. Include Daily Morning/Evening Brisk Walk or Exercise for 30 minutes in your routine
To build a healthy daily routine, brisk walk or exercise is very important for weight loss. It will not only build your stamina but will also provide you with energy throughout the day. You can also avoid your vehicle if you wish to go to the market. Read more about the benefits of walking.
#2. Breakfast like a Queen, Lunch like a Princess and Dinner like a Pauper
You must have heard this old quote. Have a heavy breakfast which includes protein and carbohydrate and is low in fat. Example egg and toast, yogurt and muesli, oats and milk, fruit juices, etc
#3. Drink lots of water
Water is a solution to many problems. Drink five to six liters of water in a day to manage your weight and to get perfect glowing skin. Above all, it keeps you healthy. You can read more about skin care tips here.
#4. Avoid Junk Food
We all love to hop on a burger, pizza, and pasta. This processed food will do no good for your body and will only increase your calories. Home cooked food is best with lots of salads, pulses, curd, and chapattis.
#5. Avoid Sugar and Sweet Products
This is one of the biggest weight loss tips. Sugar is your biggest enemy. It has no required nutrients and is bad for your teeth. Desserts and sweet snacks and is a major cause of obesity in youngsters and adults. You can avoid sugar by taking substitutes like coconut sugar and jaggery.
#6. Take Small Meals and Eat after every two-three hours
Small portion size meal is recommended to avoid the cravings. Have a fruit or a healthy snack in between your meals. Healthy snacks can be roasted chana (Whole Black Gram), dry fruits, yogurt, boiled eggs, and salad. This will gradually reduce appetite and you will tend to eat less.
Weight Loss Diet
One of the important weight loss tips is your diet. We all know that by doing exercises alone you may not achieve your goal. The simple weight loss food can also be combined in your routine which will not change your body in a week, but slowly and gradually it will help shape your body in a long run. Some myths before you plan your diet.
- Potato – Boiled Potato has 150 calories but if you eat aloo Tikki the calorie count will multiply thrice. It depends on how you consume potato. Above all, potato does not contribute to weight gain.
- Curd – A bowl of curd is a good option during lunch. If you consume curd along with sugar the calorie count will increase. Curd goes best with little black salt and jeera powder.
- Maida (All Purpose Flour) and Atta (Whole Wheat) have almost the same calorie count – Whole Wheat has more fiber, protein, and unsaturated fat than maida. Therefore more people consume wholewheat (Aata).
Belly Fat Burn Exercises for Beginners
There are a lot of exercises which can help you in your journey of weight loss. Therefore, Let me share a few of them. Just as you begin exercise start from low to high. Don’t rush and try to do all the exercise in one day.
# Leg Raises
- Lie with your back flat on your exercise mat. Extend your legs in front of you.
- Place the hands under the glutes and palms down.
- Extend the legs and keep them straight as much as possible with the knee slightly bent.
- Inhale and try to raise the leg and make a 90-degree angle with the floor.
- Exhale as you bring the leg down and also hold on the contraction for a few seconds.
# Sit Ups
- Lie down on the floor and place your feet under something that does not move.
- The legs should be bent at the knees. Now the start position, Place the hand behind your head and lock them together.
- Now elevate the upper body to create V –shape with your thighs. Breathe out while you perform the exercise.
- When the contraction is felt, lower the upper body back down at the initial position.
# Elbow Plank
- This is a stomach fat burn exercise in which you have to keep your body straight and get on the floor into a prone position. You have to support your weight on your forearms and
- The arms should be bent and should be directly below the shoulder.
- The difficulty level can be raised by holding on the position for as long as possible.
Butt and Legs Exercise for Beginners
Let me share a few butt and legs exercises. Go easy and slow. Don’t hurry to lose weight in a day. It will de-motivate you. Regular and sincere efforts will make all the difference.
# High Knees
- Take your knees up to the level of the waist and then slowly put your feet down.
- Repeat this exercise for 10 times.
- Stand with your chest held up and out and the head should face forward.
- Now stand with the feet in a wide stance.
- Now sit back and down and imagine you are sitting in a chair
- Repeat this exercise for 10 minutes initially.
For more information check out here.
Hope you liked reading about some weight loss tips. In Conclusion, I would say do remember to do a little bit of warm up before you start the exercises. Go easy and slow and don’t over exhaust yourself.
Those of you who are beginners, it is advisable to start your weight loss journey in front of a trained instructor. Discontinue the exercises if you feel any pain at any point in time. (All those with backache, knee, heart problems please consult your doctor after initiating.
Remember slow and steady wins the race. All the best! Hope you find this article helpful.
More to Read –