Aerobic literally means ‘with oxygen’ and it refers to oxygen in muscles, the energy generating process. In this article, I am trying to attempt to demystify the Aerobics for Beginners. I’ll also walk you through the various Type of aerobics and Benefits of aerobic exercises.
Aerobics for Beginners – Type & Benefits of Aerobic Exercises
Before digging into the details of Aerobics for Beginners, its various types & benefits. Let’s first understand what is an aerobic exercise and how it works.
What is Aerobic Exercise? How Aerobic Exercise Works?
In this exercise, oxygen is used to ‘burn’ your body fat and glucose in order to produce basic energy carrier for all cells.
With aerobics, your body can take in more oxygen, so you breathe faster and deeper, giving your bloodstream the maximum amount of oxygen.
Your body becomes stronger with a regular program of aerobic exercise. It is good for your heart, blood vessels, immunity, lungs, and joints. And to top all that it is a mood lifter. Read more details here.
Did you know that,
Inactive people have a low aerobic capacity, to begin with.
Which are the Popular Aerobic Exercises?
Aerobic exercise includes exercises that you must perform at a moderate intensity for a specific period of time by maintaining an increased heart rate and your breath in/out.
Various Type of aerobic exercises
- Treadmill Workout,
- Rope Jumping,
- Aerobic or ‘cardio’ classes and many others.
The functional system of some popular aerobic exercises are following
# Treadmill Workout
Treadmill exercise is perhaps the best fat burning workout for you. These are easily available and are the most convenient if you want to work out at home. You can vary the speed of your exercise on your treadmill and slowly increase your fitness levels.
One method to lose fat is rope jumping. It would remind you of your childhood. Moreover, it is perfectly cost effective and can be done with the family. 10 minutes of rope skipping is equal to a one-mile run.
Walking combines the best in maintaining one’s health and weight control. If you want to lose permanent weight, walking considered as one of the best exercises.
Begin with 5 minutes of medium-paced walk, followed by a few stretches for your legs to increase the flexibility in your joints. Slowly increase the duration and therefore get a grip of your heartbeat. Read our full article on the benefits of walking.
# Rope Jumping
Since jumping rope is a high-intensity exercise, you can begin by alternating this with spot marching. Jump for a minute and then march in place for another until you complete a 10 minute- program.
There are many ways to exercise aerobics and get fit but what you need is the exact knowledge and the will power to continue it.
Now, let us discuss, why aerobics is important and benefits of Aerobic Exercises
Importance of Aerobic Exercises
We all know the importance of aerobic exercises. But do we know that aerobic exercises are good for weight control?
According to research, regular and intensive physical activity and healthy eating habits can control your weight, read more.
Physical activity plays a great role in controlling weight by using calories that are stored as fat. All your food contains calories just like all the activities you perform.
If you follow a regular aerobics program, it will teach you to have a sense of purpose and control to counteract stress, besides relaxing your tense muscles and relieving your body’s response to stress.
Benefits of Aerobic Exercises
There are many benefits of aerobic exercises. Here I am going to categorize the benefits of aerobics in General and the impact of the aerobic exercises on different parts of our body.
#1. Benefits of Aerobic Exercises in General
- With aerobic exercises, your body produces more endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers.
- Your body can take in more oxygen, so you breathe faster and more deeply, giving your bloodstream the maximum amount of oxygen.
- The body becomes stronger with a regular program of aerobic exercise.
- Aerobic exercise helps control your hunger better and burns more calories.
- It also burns more fat calories and decreases muscular dependence on sugar.
- Aerobics lowers the incidence of hypoglycemia and also helps in bone-building.
#2. Impact of Aerobic Exercises on Heart
- The exercise makes your blood pump faster and with more gusto so that it produces more energy and delivers oxygen to all parts of your body and makes your heart beat faster too.
- Helps to increase the diameter of small blood vessels that carry away all waste products and develop muscle to provide more efficient oxygen delivery and waste removal.
- It reduces your risk of getting coronary artery disease and if you have already had one attack, it can prevent the next one and hypertension.
- Increases the concentration of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and lowers the concentration of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol in your blood.
- It helps lower blood sugar and strengthens your heart muscle while also relieving muscular pain and fibromyalgia.
#3. Effect of Aerobic Exercises on our Lungs
- It helps to release heat into the air when you breathe, and so avoids overheating. As you sweat during exercise, you lose heat, water, and minerals.
- It keeps senility at bay by increasing the delivery of oxygen to the brain.
#4. Aerobic Exercises Improves Immunity
- Aerobic exercises help you live longer and healthier and be disease-free.
- Your chances of developing cancer and Type-2 diabetes are greatly reduced, including breast, colon, prostate and endometrial cancer.
- It also helps in weight control and can raise your immunity to viral infection.
- It also increases your hemoglobin count and your storage of glycogen.
#5. Strengthen Your Joints and muscles with Aerobics
- It keeps your joints, tendons, and ligaments flexible and makes your mobility easier.
- Increase functional capacity during exercise and rest
#6. Psychological benefits of Aerobic Exercises
- Aerobic Exercises are a great mood booster.
- It helps you cope with emotional and psychological stress.
- Increases your stamina, your sex life and keeps you mobile and active, by improving your cardiovascular health.
- You sleep better and quicker.
Lastly, it helps you live longer and healthier without any major problems.
Hope you find this guide on Aerobics for beginners, it types and the benefits of aerobic exercises useful. Feel free to share your views via the comment section below.