Numerous people in the world work day in and out, so they can provide for their families, but for some, it is not enough.
They find themselves working jobs that range from interesting to downright bizarre. There are many different jobs that people may not have heard of and Professional Sleeper is one of them.
What is a Professional Sleeper?
Don’t want to spend your nights tossing and turning on the bed you are thinking of buying? Just can’t decide if it is comfortable enough?
Hire a professional sleeper and he/she will test it out for you. I can hear you thinking – where can I sign up for this job?
The career is not all about soft as a down mattress, Pjs, and some Zs. It may also involve people watching you while you are asleep (creepy!). Why did you ask?
Cause sometimes the job takes us to weird situations. The sleeper can be hired to be a “living art” displayed in a museum or to participate in a university experiment related to dreams.
A professional sleeper’s day-to-day responsibilities can vary.
Usually, you are required to analyze the comfort and design of sleep-related products such as mattresses, designer beds, and blankets, or pillows.
Professional bed testers are sometimes asked to test the following: mattresses, quilts, pillows, sleep aids, such as room lighting and noise machines hotel rooms to be luxury bed tester sleeping pills for medical trials participate in experiments and projects.
Professional Sleeper Job Opportunities in India
Wakefit offers a Sleep Internship offering up to Rs. 10 lakhs. What do you have to do?
- Sleep for 9 hours every night, for 100 nights.
- Compete with other applicants to be the Sleep Champion of India.
- Be engaged throughout the internship, taking part in challenges thrown your way.
- Track your sleep every night.
Two seasons are already completed and the next would come probably come in early 2022. Watch out for Season 3.
There are definitely others if you seriously start looking out for one. One skill that you could learn before you start looking for jobs is that of a mattress assessment.
Sorry to break it to you but the job of a professional sleeper is not as dreamy as it sounds. It has its own cons.
- You will need to make a lot of changes in your lifestyle, for eg. not being able to consume a few food items or drinks, and compulsorily consuming a few others as per the requirement of the study.
- It’s natural to feel a little disconnected from the world, especially when you’ve been cooped up for a while. Spending a long time indoors (sleeping) could cause some changes in your behavior
- Working (unpredictably) long hours away from your home and loved ones, depending on the assignment
- Having no regular source of income and other benefits is what many people face.
Do you know someone who can be a good fit for the job? I’m sure that you have at least one friend or coworker who can become a perfect professional sleeper. Don’t miss out, share this opportunity with them asap.
You may also like to read…