Skin Care is important not only to look good but also to feel healthy. In this article, I am going to share some Skin Care Tips you must try at home.
Our skin protects us from all the harmful ultraviolet rays and also from environmental factors such as bacteria, fungi, viruses etc. in addition, it also helps us to regulate our body temperature. The three main functions of the skin are
The skin consists of three layers. The outermost layer is called the Epidermis which protects the inner skin from environmental contaminants. The middle layer is the Dermis which contains connective tissues. In addition, the subcutaneous layer which is the innermost layer contains the fat cells which help to insulate the body. Know more here.
Skin Care is not a one day job. It requires sincere and daily efforts. The skin may become sag and become less elastic if the skin is pale, unhealthy, and dehydrated. Irregular and unhealthy skin care routine can lead to acne, rashes, sores, and wrinkles.
Skin Care Tips
In this section, we would like to share some easy, homemade and natural skin care tips.
#1 Drinking Water
- It helps to remove toxins from our body.
- It cleans our body and removes all waste products. 60-70 percent of our body mass is made up of water which also includes organs, skin, cells, and tissues.
- It is important to maintain skin moisture and to deliver the essential nutrients to the skin cells.
- Many studies say that water also helps to delay fine lines and wrinkles up to some extent.
- Water facilitates the skin to glow and become soft.
- Drinking water helps to improve the digestive system and constipation problems. It flushes out toxins from the body.
- Drink sufficient water to fight from hair problems such as Dandruff, Seborrhoea Dermatitis.
- Drink 3-4 liters of water to prevent fat deposit. So weight loss is also possible by drinking water.
#2 Aloe vera
- Alovera was known as Ghritkumari in Hindi.
- It is a short plant which grows 50-100 cms tall.
- The leaves of the aloe vera are thick. It has great benefits for the skin. One should apply the gel of the plant thrice a week to see its benefits.
- It can be applied in acne, bacterial infections etc. It is also used in cosmetics, protection from the Ultra Violet rays, herbal remedies. You can learn more about Alovera.
#3 Cleanse and Exfoliate
- Cleansing helps to maintain the radiance of the skin.
- It is important to cleanse skin and remove all the makeup before sleep.
- It is good to cleanse skin every morning.
- Exfoliate your skin once a week to remove dead cells.
- Scrubbing just before bedtime enhances the skin even more.
- If you have acne or oily skin, then once in two weeks would be fine.
- Choose a good moisturizer for your body and keep your body hydrated.
- Moisturizer helps to prevent early signs of aging.
- There are a lot of good moisturizers available in the market like Himalaya’s Cocoa butter Intensive Body Lotion, Lotus Herbal Almond Nourishing Body Lotion, Oriflame Milk and Honey Cream etc
#5 Sweat it Out
- Regular exercise increases blood circulation throughout the body and also keeps the skin healthy.
- It is very important to sweat it out either by cycling, yoga, running, jogging, gardening etc.
- Above all, Sweating is good for your skin because it helps to nourish the cells.
- Walking is considered to be the best exercise for weight loss, heart problems, proper blood circulation. You can check out our article on Walking benefits.
- It is an essential component of healthy skin.
- It helps to rejuvenate the skin and also helps to carry out various physical and mental tasks.
- Seven to eight hours of sleep is essential for a human body to perform day to day functions. So, next time you sleep, make sure it is for seven hours at least!
#7 Healthy Food
- Packaged and processed food is not healthy.
- There are plenty of options available. Fruits, salads, dry fruits like almond, walnut, sprouts etc to name a few. Replace sugar by coconut sugar, honey or jaggery.
- It is advised to eat small portions of food after two to three hours.
- Dinner should be done between 7-8pm because it is considered good to have a gap of 2-3 hours before you hit the bed.
Some Skin Care Products You Can Try
One of the leading beauty products company, Oriflame, offers a few very good skin care products you could try.
Milk And Honey Cream
- Milk and Honey Cream have moisturizing properties with the extracts of milk, honey, and gold
- It has a fragrance of sweet flowers which will blow your mind
- The Milk and Honey cream is the extremely lightweight therefore you don’t feel that you have put on the cream.
- Above all, Hands and Body Cream is my all time favorite because it has a smooth feel and is non-glossy.
- In addition, I would definitely recommend everyone to try out this Milk and Honey Cream because it works wonders if applied directly after your bath onto dry and cleansed skin. So, give a gentle massage and let the cream absorb.
- Available in 250 ml and 75ml pack.
Juicy Chemistry Coffee and Green Tea Eye Cream
- The Juicy Chemistry and Green Tea Eye Cream is 100 percent natural product which helps to improve under eye area, puffiness and fade dark circles.
- It has all the herbal ingredients which make its fragrance too strong.
- It helps to re-energize the dead skin around the eyes
Love Nature Fruit Facial Kit
- Love Nature Fruit Facial Kit comes with the extracts of nourishing and hydrating Guarana (rich in antioxidants), Papaya (properties to moisturize, soothe and clean the skin) and Pineapple (calm, clean and exfoliate the skin. It helps to soften the skin and also helps to restore the skin radiance.
- The Kit is an easy four-step facial kit with a cleanser, scrub, face mask and face cream. Above all, It works wonders for normal to dry skin type but any skin type can use it since it is a Nature fruit kit.
- The Fruit Facial Kit has an attractive packing and comes in a cardboard box. It contains a cleanser which comes in a bottle, a scrub and a face mask in the tube and a face cream in a round box.
- The function performed by facial is to clean and moisturize the skin and give it a healthy glow. The kit is very efficient and gives excellent results.
- The facial is easy and you can do it at home within thirty to forty-five minutes. Follow the simple steps mentioned in the kit.
- You should give this product a try. I am sure you will love it.
In The End
Hope you enjoyed reading about simple and homemade skin care tips. Please do share your tips and bits of advice.
Do read other articles as well
- Women And Marriage: Are We Ready For A Change???
- How I learned the Importance of Guarding My Personal Sacred Space
Disclaimer: (This article is not to promote a brand or provide with fairness solutions. I love my skin color, and I believe everyone should. So, the idea here is to create awareness about the diversified range of skin care products. I have shared my experiences on some skin care tips and given my recommendations for some of the products)