House parties are fun, but they can get a little bit boring after a while.
You know what I’m talking about. So when I go to a party, I make sure to bring something different. Something fun.
They are all super cheap to make – everyone will have a blast playing them.
I love adult drinking games.
It is one of my favorite things to play, but my friends and I have tried most of the ones we found online and they were either lame or just didn’t work.
So I decided to come up with my own list of best drinking games for adults that are fun and are guaranteed to make you laugh or get you drunk.
The fun drinking game is the one you play every time you drink.
But what if you want to keep things interesting? We’ve compiled a list of the best drinking games that we’ve played and are still playing today.
10+ Best Drinking Games for Adults [Friends/Couples] to Play At Your House Party
There is nothing worse than spending the night with friends or couples and getting bored.
One of the best ways to change up your Saturday night rout is to introduce a drinking game!
Whether you are a fan of Truth or Dare, Dumb Charades, King’s Cup, or Beer Pong there is a drinking game out there for everyone!
1. Never Have I Ever
The first drinking game on this list is “Never Have I Ever”, it is the most popular drinking game for adults ever.
And I believe you have already played it, but it is worth mentioning on this list because it never gets old.
Never Have I Ever is a fun game to play with friends and to let everyone’s secrets out.
How to Play Never Have I Ever
What You Need: A few secrets and drinks!
- Each player shares something they have never done before and the other players who have will take a sip of their drink.
- You can choose to admit something embarrassing or to keep it to yourself. If you are not ready to share your embarrassing secrets.
- For example, when I say, “Never have I ever stolen something,” all those in the group who have stolen will have a drink.
- Giggle or react to anything, and you’ll have to drink!
This is a fun game to play with people you don’t know very well, as it’ll take the awkwardness out of a group of people playing together.
The game is perfect for bars, pub crawls, and nights out with friends as it’s an interactive way to get to know people.
Get your daring shoes ON while you play this game.
Be it couples, adults, bunch of friends, everyone will enjoy ‘Never Have I Ever’.
2. Kings Cup
If you’re looking for a drinking game that uses playing cards, then you’ll love Kings Cup.
How to Play Kings Cup
What You Need: A deck of cards
- As soon as each player picks a card, the game starts. Each player then has to follow the instructions on the card.
- Players drink and dispense drinks based on cards drawn. Each card has a predetermined rule that is played before the game starts.
- Each player selects a card from the center of the table. The action that goes with each card varies, so feel free to give it your own twist.
The most common King’s Cup card meanings are:
Ace – Waterfall: Everyone has to drink, starting with you
Two — You: Pick someone to take 2 drinks
Three — Me: Take 2 drinks
Four — “Whores”: Ladies drink.
Five — Bust a Jive: Create a dance one, the one who screws it, drinks
Six — “Dicks”: All the guys take a drink.
Seven — Heaven: If a seven is chosen, everyone must raise their hand to heaven. The last one to raise hand drinks.
Eight — Mate: Find a buddy to drink
Nine — Rhyme: Pick a word, others must rhyme to it or drink
Ten — Categories: The person who picks a ten must come up with a category (breakfast foods, countries, colors, etc.) and the person to your right has to say something in that category. If someone can’t come up with something in that category, you drink.
Jack — Make a Rule: Whoever picks the jack comes up with a crazy rule and whoever breaks the rule throughout the game drinks.
Queen — Questions Master – Ask questions, those who answer will drink
King — Pour some into the cup: The player who picks the last drinks the cup.
Keep playing until you have no cards left or you can shuffle and play again.
This is a perfect drinking game for a friends’ get-together.
3. Pizza Box
The next famous drinking game on this list is Pizza Box. This is a fun game that can be played with just a pizza box.
How to Play Pizza Box
What You Need: A Pizza Bix, a marker pen, a quarter, or any coin. A bunch of friends obviously.
- First, create two teams.
- Every player writes his/her name on the box and draws circles around their names.
- Then the first player should throw a quarter onto the box.
- The person whose name lands on the quarter is the person whose team will make a rule and right on the box.
- Each person gets a chance to flip the quarter.
- You can write down crazy rules such as “Call your ex” or “Break a beer bottle” and one has to do that from the other team.
4. Drunk Jenga
The next famous drinking game for adults on this list is Drunk Jenga. It is a game that combines the challenge of playing Jenga with the fun of being able to drink alcohol while doing so.
How to Play Drunk Jenga
What You Need: Jenga board game
- Grab an old Jenga board game. Write dares like kiss the person right next to you, take a shot, or tell a secret on each block using a marker.
- Place each block on the Jenga upside down so that the players couldn’t see the task before they pull the block.
- Shuffle the blocks smartly and build the Jenga tower as usual.
- The person who pulls a block from the tower must do the dare that is written on the block.
I often play Drunk Jenga with my friends and each time it is more entertaining than before.
5. Paranoia/ The Whisper Game
Paranoia is a new drinking game that can make you paranoid.
How to Play Paranoia/ The Whisper Game
What You Need: 3 players and shots
- Players whisper questions to the person on your right. The player who gets called to answer has to drink if they don’t know the answer.
- For example, “Who might be the person who hasn’t even watched FRIENDS yet?” The player from whom the question is asked must point to the person who they think is the answer to that question.
- When the person whose name was said out loud is given the chance to drink, he/she can either choose to ask what the question was or let it go!
- If the player chooses to find out the question, he/she takes a shot of tequila or beer!
- The player gives the next question after taking that drink.
- The game continues until everyone has had a turn at answering the question or until everyone gives up.
Thunderstruck is a real party game. You must play it once If you are a fan of hard rock.
How To Play Thunderstruck
What You Need: AC/DC’s Thunderstruck
- Give all the players a drink. Play AC/DC’s Thunderstruck while all the players stand in a circle and listen to it.
- When you first hear ‘thunder’, the first person starts drinking.
- When you hear “thunder” the next time, the person stops drinking and the one to their left begins.
- The drinking game continues until the end of the song.
The fun part is, you have to keep drinking until the next “Thunderstruck” or “Thunder” comes.
7. Beer Pong
Beer pong is a drinking game where players toss a ping pong ball across a table with the goal of landing the ball in the opposing team’s cups.
How To Play Beer Pong
What You Need: 20 solo cups, rectangular table, 2 ping pong balls, beer
- Both the ping pong balls will be the team that plays first.
- One person from each team will take a turn throwing a ping pong ball into the other team’s solo cups.
- Once a ball falls in a cup, the cup is removed from the table and the opponent has to drink the beer from that cup.
- If both teammates hit cups, the balls are put back again and players get a chance to shoot again.
- The team which is successful in hitting all of the opponent’s cups is the winner.
8. Bite the Bag
Is playing a game even fun if it’s not very challenging enough?
Bite the Bag is fun and difficult as it offers a challenge.
How To Play Bite the Bag
What You Need: Brown bags
- Start by putting brown paper bags on the floor.
- Each player tries to reach down and pick up the bag with their mouth.
- Be sure to only let your feet touch the ground and only let your mouth touch the paper bag. That’s the rule you cannot bargain with.
- Every time someone loses, make the game more fun and difficult by cutting the bag smaller by an inch from the top.
- Whenever someone fails they must drink a beer or take a shot.
Bite the Bag is a fun drinking game for couples or a bunch of adults.
9. Straight Face
This game challenges your ability to hold a straight face when you’re drunk.
How To Play Straight Face
What You Need: Just a bunch of friends
- Write funny, crazy or weird sentences on small pieces of paper.
- Sentences that you can’t read without smirking, laughing, anything that you can’t read while keeping a straight face.
- Each player tries to keep their face straight when they pick up a piece of paper.
- Giggle or react and you’ll have to drink.
10. Dartboard Game
You can play Dartboard drinking games anywhere.
How To Play Dartboard Game
What You Need: A dartboard game
- Just have a dartboard and a set of shot glasses nearby. Throw darts at the dartboard.
- When you hit the dartboard, the game is over. But if you hit a drinking prompt, chug down the drink using the shot glasses.
- Dartboard should be filled with drinking prompts like chugging a beer, taking two shots, or whatever fun drinking prompt you want to add.
11. Flip Cups
Lastly, you can choose to play Flip Cups, another popular adult drinking game.
How to Play Flip Cups
What You Need: A solo cup for each player, Flat surface, Beer (or any drink you want)
- To play a game of flip cup with a bunch of your friends, divide your group into even teams.
- You should pick someone from the team having less players to have two drinks.
- Each team will line up their cups in a row towards the edge of the table.
- Pour some beer into your cup. Make sure that the teams pour the same amount of water into the glasses.
- Each player of each team chugs a beer and flips a cup with their hand upside down. The second player of each team then does the same.
- In this game, you and your teammates will flip cups to drink the beer, but you will need to do it quickly. The team that flips their cup the fastest, wins!
Bonus – Fun Drinking Games Video
When you are done with the drinking games and still not feeling dizzy, and wanted to kill some time, you can watch tv. Consider this list of the most anticipated TV Series coming back this year.
Drinking games are a fun way to pass time at house parties and make sure everyone has a good time.
Playing drinking games is a great way to get people to open up to each other and bond over a common interest.
Have you ever played drinking games before? What kind of drinking game do you prefer?
FAQs – Best Drinking Games
What Should You Play While Drinking?
Here are the seven popular games you can play while drinking – Kings Cup, Pizza Box, Drunk Jenga, Never Have I Ever, Paranoia (The Whisper Game), Flip Cups, and Beer Pong. Read the full article for more games.
What Is the Most Fun Drinking Game?
Pizza Box, Beer Jenga, The Whisper Game, Straight Face are considered the most fun drinking games.
What Are the Best Drinking Games for Adults?
Beer Pong, Flip Cup, Beer Janga or Drunk Janga, Pizza Box, and Thunderstruck – AC/DC Drinking Game are the best drinking games for adults. All are easy to play.
What Are the Most Popular Drinking Games?
Beer Pong and Never Have I Ever are the most popular drinking games of all time.
Best Drinking Games for 2 People?
Drinking games are a great way to get a little crazy, and you can do this with just one friend. Flip Cups, Never Have I Ever, Two Truths and a Lie, and Battle Shots are some of the fun drinking games for 2.
Best Drinking Games for 4 People or More?
Play Kings Cup, Flip Cups, Drunk Jenga, Straight Face, Buzz, Never Have I Ever or Where’s the Water when in a group of 4. You are sure to have fun playing these drinking games.
Easy Drinking Games to Play?
Sometimes you need something low-key to get the party started, especially if you have a mixed crowd of friends. Straight Face, Flip Cups, Where’s the Water, Thunderstruck, Would You Rather, Paranoia, Up Chickens, Down Chickens, Truth or Drink are some easy drinking games for which you don’t need much.
Play Drinking Games with Cups?
Flip Cups, Beer Pong, Honeycomb, Beer Die, Horse, Mexicali, Confidence, Blackout, Quarters, Fingers are some of the most famous and fun drinking games with cups.