Bursting firecrackers on Diwali to have fun is so overrated. There is so much more one can do to make the most of the day.
We all know the kind of potentially fatal pollution and the effects bursting of crackers can lead to.
Have you ever stopped for a while and thought, maybe the time wasted bursting those insane crackers could be utilized doing something else…
Something more productive, something more rewarding, something saner, something more friendly.
Top Things You Can to Do Instead of Bursting Firecrackers
Here’s a list of 9 things you can do instead of bursting crackers this Diwali – Stop. Think. Practice.
1. Play Dress Up
You’re surely glowing from inside. How about glowing from outside?
Celebrate Diwali by making a change. That’s how it’s supposed to be.
Who doesn’t love wearing new clothes on Diwali? (picking the easiest one for y’ll) Wear something new, party hard, and have a great time.
Look your best. Click a picture your crush can drool over.
2. Meet Your friends
Make memories instead of a firecracker string on Diwali.
Celebrate the festival with your friends and family by meeting them, going to their houses, and having a good time.
Because that’s all you would remember once this day goes by.
3. Cooking Your Favorite Dish Together
Rather than buying an insane amount of sweets from the market, how about cooking some with family?
Homemade treats and snacks are second to none. They are healthy. And you won’t have to think twice before gobbling them down.
As you know, families that eat (and also cook) together, stay together.
4. Drink or Eat, Every Time You Hear a Blast
Every time you hear a firecracker go off, drink a shot.
Oh! and that could also be turned into a game too. Doesn’t that sound too much fun?
Eat your favorite snack or sweet.
5. Lighting Up the House
Keep your creative mind alive and take over the decor of your house. Diwali is the festival of lights, not firecrackers.
Start with buying ‘diyas’ from the local artisans, get some beautiful lights, and get set go.
You won’t even know how the day passed once you start decorating the house. You will love how it turns out. It sure would be fulfilling.
6. Clean Your Inbox
Clean your inbox, e-mail, and mobile, old WhatsApp conversations that made you smile, that you hated.
Delete them all. Don’t be a materialist. You’ve lived them enough.
How long have you been keeping those job offers and in your mailbox? And those unceasing advertisements can kiss your trash box’s ass. insert kissing sounds – Delete.
Your mom would be so proud if she ever got the chance to crack through your mobile lock code and go through the messages.
7. Update Your Music Playlist
Update your music playlist. All those mopey love songs? Fuck them good. Educate them with BTS. Make them meet The Decemberists.
Too Much Music, Too little time
Serenade them with Taylor Swift and seduce them with Lana Del Ray.
8. Support a Local Artist or Feed a Poor
Go shopping for beautiful decorative items from local artisans.
You’ll help support them by purchasing their lovely items, while they’ll make your house more beautiful. And you’re also saving the environment by using these biodegradable products.
A good deal? Without a doubt.
The money you save from not buying firecrackers could be put to a great cause.
Buy sweets for those who need them or feed them a meal. Make this Diwali happy for them too.
9. New Card Games
Time to try out some new card games.
Learning a new card game this Diwali is a great idea!
Here are my suggestions- Poker Dice, Cards against humanity, New world order, war, etc.
Sounds better than firecrackers?
- Poker Dice is a new game that combines the best features of poker, dice, and card games. In the game of poker dice, you will roll a set of 10 dice. Your goal is to get the highest number on the dice. For example, if you roll a four, you get two points. If you roll a one, you get one point. Each time you roll a six you will add one point. When you have rolled all ten, you will have two points. This is called a blackjack. If you are able to get a blackjack, then you win. However, if your score is lower than that of the dealer’s, then you lose.
- Cards Against Humanity is a game that is played by randomly selecting cards from a deck of cards. The player then has to guess what the other players have picked. A variety of jokes can be created with this game.
- New World Order is a game that is very fun to play. The object of the game is to collect all the cards. You start with one card, and you have to collect all the others. The game is easy to learn and has a lot of strategies. The best part of the new world order is that it can be played by the whole family.
- If you are playing War, the two players go head to head to try to defeat their opponent. The first person to defeat their opponent by losing more cards than their opponent wins.
There is a 90% chance that you might be playing them already. But the point is to learn a new card game. Find more card games here.
Celebrate Diwali the right way – meet people, eat food and make a lot of good memories.
A firecracker string is only fun for a short while, but memories are always worth remembering.
I’m sure you also have some amazing ideas to add here. How do you celebrate Diwali? What’s the most fun part for you other than bursting crackers?